- Boil water in your tea kettle. Filtered water is preferable if available.
- While waiting for water to boil, add the appropriate amount of loose leaf tea to your tea infuser. Place the tea infuser inside your teapot or mug. Tip: Double the amount of tea you use when making iced tea
- When the water reaches the desired temperature, pour it over the tea infuser into your mug or teapot. This will allow the water to circulate through the leaves.
- Time your tea. Once the time is up, dunk the infuser a couple of times to circulate the water. Remove the infuser and set aside for a second steeping.
- Serve in your favourite mug, or pour over ice for a satisfying iced tea.
Tip: when re-steeping your tea, add another minute to the steep time, this is because the tea needs longer to draw out the flavour.
Here’s a handy guide. Remember it’s a personal choice how strong you like your tea to taste. Herbals, Rooibos & iced take a little more time to infuse compared with leaf teas.
Leaf teas are a brilliant source of minerals for plants & enriching soil so tip them into your plant pots & veggie patches rather than the bin.